[movitz-devel] Towards a LispMachine and/or LispOS

Lars Lundback lars.lundback at gmail.com
Mon May 5 00:38:16 UTC 2008

2008/5/4 Andreas Davour <ante at update.uu.se>:

> Are you saying that how the system will be designed, as operating system architechture, will determine how the basic lisp objects are to be handled? Yes of course, but what's the question?

I admit that my introduction was longwinded and perhaps cryptic,
depending on how you read it.. It was certainly not intended to be
devious. My specific question was: "How do you guys feel about this,
assuming you have looked at it from a Lisp implementation viewpoint
and perhaps using Movitz?"

> Movitz is so far quite a bit from being a operating system, but it is an interesting toolkit to experiment with fundamental concepts of os design. I just wish I had time to dedicate to it. I had just planned to invest some time to really try to develop something for fileystem support in Movitz when reality intervened, and that was months ago! I hope I can get back to it, since it actually touches upon my day job.
>
> So, what do you want to do with Movitz?

Nothing as of now. (I did hint that I have a hobby project that has
been going for years.)

Lars