[movitz-devel] x86-pc::*text-output-port* and bochs

Frode Vatvedt Fjeld ffjeld at common-lisp.net
Mon Mar 26 21:43:41 UTC 2007

I just added a rather neat hack to textmode.lisp. The bochs PC
emulator has a feature that can be enabled where bytes written to
io-port #xe9 is sent to the console (you may need to recompile bohcs
in order to enable this, I'm not sure). Now, doing

  (setf x86-pc::*text-output-port* #xe9)

from inside bochs should cause everything to be logged to the
console. Similarly, it should be quite easy to set up a primitive
stream/function that dumps to #xe9, and bind e.g. *trace-output* to
it, which I should think might be useful.

--
Frode Vatvedt Fjeld