[movitz-devel] Getting Started

Paul Lathrop paul.lathrop at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 18:40:08 UTC 2007

Hello All,

Movitz is an amazing project, with very exciting potential. I'm
interested in learning more about Movitz and OS development in
general, and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me a
push in the right direction. I think the best way to get started would
be to help implement some of the missing pieces of Movitz itself -
several are mentioned in the docs, but the docs also seem slightly
outdated.

So, what I'm looking for is a small chunk of functionality that would
be good to have in Movitz that should be achievable by a beginner in
the 'bare-metal development' world.

Also, what tools do you use to develop for Movitz? What is your
workflow like? I was able to get Movitz up and running on Parallels,
and I'm familiar with Emacs and Slime. I see a movitz-mode.el in the
source code which seems intriguing, but I am finidng it difficult to
understand the development cycle...

Any pointers on these subjects would be much appreciated!

Regards,
Paul