[movitz-devel] Re: Compiling Movitz, symbol-function problem

Frode Vatvedt Fjeld ffjeld at common-lisp.net
Fri Mar 19 09:15:28 UTC 2004

"Chris Capel" <chris at iBankTech.NET> writes:

> (symbol-function 'do)

Macros are currently not supported very well outside the movitz
(cross) compiler.

There are two issues. At one point I did pack all the macro-expansion
code with images. Then I removed it because I had trouble fitting the
image within the 600K bootloader limit..

Then, there's there are some problems from the fact that movitz is a
cross-compiler. I.e. some macroexpanders expect a "proper" execution
environment that is more that can be expected of the movitz target
environment so far. So there is some cleaning up to be done, here.
For example, I don't think there's any backquote support on the movitz
side, yet.

Should the macro-expanders be compiled or not? Should compiler-macros
be included too? I suppose they are of no use without a compiler.

--
Frode Vatvedt Fjeld