[movitz-devel] Re: Possible macroexpansion bug

Frode Vatvedt Fjeld ffjeld at common-lisp.net
Tue Apr 27 19:29:42 UTC 2004

Peter Minten <peter.minten at wanadoo.nl> writes:

> I've put up a new version of the harddisk code
> (http://www.il.fontys.nl/~silvernerd/harddisk.lisp), featuring a
> complete code rewrite (as usual :-). The problem is, it doesn't
> compile due to some weird macroexpansion that somehow turns the
> io-port code in define-register-accessors (invoked with clauses of
> (name offset type)) into (io-port (+ ... type)). I checked with
> CMUCL macroexpand-1 and it doesn't expand that way there.

Yes, it's most likely a problem with my very messy and
in-need-of-reimplementing backquote implementation.

However, I'd suggest using an approach like the one I've adopted in
x86-pc/dp8390.lisp for such register accessors. However, this needs
some fixing because it assumes 8-bit registers exclusively right
now. I'll look into it shortly.

--
Frode Vatvedt Fjeld