[mel-base-devel] UFFI dependency

vsync vsync at quadium.net
Mon Mar 17 01:59:14 UTC 2008

Hi Jochen etc,

Thanks for Mel-Base.  I've found it very useful for sending mail and I'm
about to use it for some auto-processing of incoming mail.

I'm using CMUCL 19d on Linux and I notice an error when I load the
MEL-BASE system into a virgin Lisp image:

> Error in function LISP::FOP-PACKAGE:  The package "UFFI" does not exist.
>    [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

If I load UFFI ahead of time the error goes away.

So I guess adding UFFI to the :DEPENDS-ON list in the ASDF system would
fix the problem.

Cheers!

--
vsync
http://quadium.net/~vsync/

Q: ...the only surefire way deal with the negative influence of money
and politics is to route less money through Washington and decrease
the scope of what Washington regulates.

A: Well, I think that's profoundly correct.  In fact, one of the
reasons why the Framers were small-government people was not a deep
belief in libertarianism but a recognition that the more money flows
through Washington, the more risk of corruption.

        -- Lawrence Lessig interviewed by NRO,
           <URL:http://article.nationalreview.com/print/
                  ?q=NDNhMzdlZDcwNTVlYzRiMzZkZDMxMzAyMmU5ZDg2MjY=>