[mcclim-devel] Re: Redisplay and pixmaps

Sascha Wilde wilde at sha-bang.de
Mon Aug 11 09:24:19 UTC 2008

Sascha Wilde <wilde at sha-bang.de> wrote:

Sorry, send the last message to early per accident, here are the missing
questions:

> BUT: The string "Redisplay #1" _is_ redrawn, so some more low level part
> of CLIM knows that a redraw is needed and does that for the text send to
> the standard output stream.
>
> So two questions:

1. What do I have to do, so that the display-function is called _every
   time_ a redisplay is needed?

2. Is there a better way to ensure that the picture is redisplayed
   whenever needed, maybe even that magical es done with the text?

   I know that this happens with graphics directly drawn to the pane,
   but as I want to draw rendered images, which basically consist of
   hundreds of thousands of draw-point operations this is way to
   slow...

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde : The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one
             : that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found