[mcclim-devel] Patch for DREI input editor

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at real-time.com
Thu Mar 8 19:22:55 UTC 2007

I believe that I have found the reason why argument handling was not
working for me.  The bug was that when I selected an object as an
argument, it was drawn in the argument space as a string, and then
reparsed.

The above works fine for arguments that can nicely be turned into
strings and then parsed back (Christophe, your example of CLOS class
names in the listener falls into this class of argument), but it doesn't
work well with things that cannot be parsed from strings.

The error was a flipped if statement, way down in the drei input editor,
in present-acceptably-to-string.  This if statement stripped off the
object information from an argument when it was *successfully* presented
to a string, rather than when it was *unsuccessfully* presented.

I attach a patch file.  Unless someone finds a mistake, I will commit it
tomorrow before the weekend.

Best,
Robert