[mcclim-devel] small Allegro issues

Andreas Fuchs asf at boinkor.net
Sun Oct 29 09:56:34 UTC 2006

Willem Broekema wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There are some issues with current CVS version that make it not work
> with Allegro 8 (Ansi mode) yet:
>
> - (load "..") inside (eval-when (compile load eval) ..) fails, if
> current directory is not the McClim root directory (as is usually
> happens if McClim is loaded using asdf). This can be fixed by binding
> *default-pathname-defaults* as in the patch below, althogh I'm not
> sure this is the right solution.

I don't think this is the right way to go about it. Are you using
mcclim.asd to load mcclim? If you are, inter-file dependencies should be
recorded there.

At any rate, I committed a dependency from package.lisp to patch.lisp there.

> - In port.lisp there is (in a #+allegro piece) reference to
> *x-tcp-port* where probably xlib::*x-tcp-port* is meant (which has
> value 6000).

committed.

> With these changes McClim compiles (Allegro 8, Ansi Mode, Mac OS X).
> As I have yet to configure X11 on this Mac, I can't check whether the
> demos work.

Thanks for testing & the fixes! I got it to compile & run demos on acl
8.0/linux.

Andreas Fuchs, (http://|im:asf@|mailto:asf@)boinkor.net, antifuchs