[mcclim-devel] should we keep a NEWS file?

Andreas Fuchs asf at boinkor.net
Tue Mar 28 17:54:29 UTC 2006

Hi all,

after the second time I went through the cvs mails to find the
noteworthy changes in McCLIM, I think I'd like to take a stab at a
more traditional way of reporting release notes.

So, how about we keep a NEWS file that tracks the interesting changes
(bug fixes, new features, etc.) to McCLIM? Of course, I'll still write
a state-of-the-implementation in the release notes, but little changes
would probably work better in a chronological list (and I think
changes in completeness of the implementation would be easier to track
with a news file, too).

If nobody objects, I'll add one and populate it with the last
commit. (:

Andreas Fuchs, (http://|im:asf@|mailto:asf@)boinkor.net, antifuchs