[mcclim-devel] Command and non-ASCII problems

Troels Henriksen athas at sigkill.dk
Fri Dec 30 20:03:07 UTC 2005

Christophe Rhodes <csr21 at cam.ac.uk> writes:

> This is (unfortunately) a complicated problem.

Indeed it is. I've hacked a few things up in CLX that allows me to
read Danish special characters from the keyboard. This was mostly
about redefing `translate-default' and modifying
*keysym->character-map* in CLX itself (as I said, a hack). It works in
pure CLX-applications, but for some reason, not in McCLIM. Have I
missed something? I've traced `lookup-keysym' in
Backends/CLX/keysyms-common.lisp, and it appears to look up the
characters alright, so I don't really understand what is wrong.

--
\  Troels "Athas" Henriksen
/\ sigkill.dk/blog (Danish)