[mcclim-devel] Command and non-ASCII problems

Troels Henriksen athas at sigkill.dk
Fri Dec 30 00:16:03 UTC 2005

Hi, I'm trying to learn CLIM, through McCLIM, from the ground up, but
I'm having a slight problem with commands. The following example
program shows the issue:

(in-package :clim-user)

(define-application-frame example-editor ()
  ()
  (:menu-bar menubar-command-table)
  (:panes
   (text-edit :text-editor))
  (:layouts
   (default
       text-edit)))

(define-example-editor-command com-quit ()
  (frame-exit *application-frame*))

(make-command-table 'file-command-table
                    :errorp nil
                    :menu '(("Quit" :command com-quit)))

(make-command-table 'menubar-command-table
		    :errorp nil
		    :menu '(("File" :menu file-command-table)))

The "Quit" menu option shows up just fine, but nothing happens when I
click it. Why is this?

Furthermore, non-ASCII-input (the Danish special characters Æ, Ø and
Å, for example) does not show up in the text-editor pane. I assume
that McCLIM lacks support for this. Where would I want to look, if I
am to hack up some support for this?
--
\  Troels "Athas" Henriksen
/\ sigkill.dk/blog (Danish)