with-output-as-gadget (was Re: [mcclim-devel] Missingrealizerincall to MAKE-PANE-1)

Paul Werkowski pw at snoopy.mv.com
Sun Dec 25 21:20:24 UTC 2005

> Seems to work for the cases I have tried. Maybe it will work for Max
> as well?

|Yes, it's really better. Some of my tests and also Xophe's gadget-test
|work now. But there is still a SIMPLE-ERROR
|   "There is no applicable method for the generic function|
|   #<STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION SHEET-NATIVE-TRANSFORMATION (6)> |when
|   called with arguments (NIL)."
|for my example that has a WITH-OUTPUT-AS-GADGET inside an
|ACCEPTING-VALUES..

Btw. I've attached a patch for my interpretation of the description
you've given for your changes..

I will try some more test - my Lispworks application uses w-o-a-g a lot
so maybe that will turn more info. I will also try something with
accepting-values.

Re your patch,

I've found that we can just get rid of the initialize-instance :after method.
Make instance then should be called with the :gadget initarg instead of :child.
Then the stuff in i-i :after can be stuffed into setup-gadget-record to save
some
space in the macro expansion. Will need to bind child with (gadget record)
first.

I'll post a more coherent patch, maybe tomorrow if testing goes well.

Paul