with-output-as-gadget (was Re: [mcclim-devel] Missing realizer in

Paul Werkowski pw at snoopy.mv.com
Fri Dec 23 18:28:22 UTC 2005

> Anyhow, there still seems to be a problem in the
> with-output-as-gadget setup. I end up in the debugger
> with some layout function calling sheet-native-transformation
> on the parent of the check-box-pane which is NIL
> at this time. Anyone got a clue as who is responsible
> for providing a parent for this thing?

The problem here is caused by the call to allocate-space
in the initialize-instance :after on gadget-output-record.

Not calling that results in no errors and a
check-box gadget being displayed. I have no idea if
this is an appropriate fix but hopefully this will
provide food for thought for those that are in the know.

Paul