with-output-as-gadget (was Re: [mcclim-devel] Missing realizer in call to MAKE-PANE-1)

Paul Werkowski pw at snoopy.mv.com
Fri Dec 23 17:25:31 UTC 2005

I wrote:

> I now cannot get a radio-box to appear at all, even
> at the frame definition eg
>
>  (:panes (rb (with-radio-box () :a :b :c)))
>
> so maybe something has regressed in that area?

No, it seems that radio/check boxes want only
strings in the :choices list. I'm not sure the
spec limits the items to strings - at least Lispworks
CLIM is more inclusive.

Anyhow, there still seems to be a problem in the
with-output-as-gadget setup. I end up in the debugger
with some layout function calling sheet-native-transformation
on the parent of the check-box-pane which is NIL
at this time. Anyone got a clue as who is responsible
for providing a parent for this thing?

Paul