[mcclim-devel] Interactor pane, hollow cursor?

Max-Gerd Retzlaff m.retzlaff at gmx.net
Tue Dec 6 18:34:06 UTC 2005

Hi

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 06:26:22PM +0000, Christophe Rhodes wrote:
> Andy Hefner <ahefner at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Why does the text cursor within interactor panes now appear hollow, as
> > though you were not typing to the interactor?
>
> My immediate suspicion lands on
> <http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/mcclim-cvs/2005-October/000333.html>,
> (but that's only a suspicion)

Yes, that's right. This behaviour was introduced by that patch by Rudi
Schlatte; he has sent the patch to this list already on September the
24th. I have had a closer look at the patch after it was commited to
investigate the problem, but, sadly, I've forgotten to write a report
to the mailinglist. I only remember that the cursor-appearance is set
to :SOLID at the wrong place so that it has no impact on the drawing.
Hmm, ISTR a discussion about this on #lisp..

Sorry,
Max

--
Max-Gerd Retzlaff <m.retzlaff at gmx.net>

For your amusement:
I saw Lassie.  It took me four shows to figure out why the hairy kid never
spoke. I mean, he could roll over and all that, but did that deserve a series?