[mcclim-devel] resizeable panes

Andy Hefner ahefner at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 22:34:49 UTC 2005

I have a quick hack in McCLIM  which accomplishes this somewhat
tolerably. It is a gadget which can be inserted in a
horizontal/vertical-box/rack pane which will adjust the space
requirements of the two panes adjacent to it. I believe it is called
box-adjuster-gadget (and if that's wrong, you can find the code at end
of mcclim/gadgets.lisp). IIRC it is exported from the clim-extensions
package.

Currently it sometimes lags behind the mouse cursor in a way that is
not intuitive. This is a funky interaction with the layout gadgets,
which are being too smart for their own good. It should be easily
fixable by anyone with the patience to learn how the layout gadgets
are implemented.