Delete/Replace widget with fresh instance

Ryan pixeloutlaw at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 21:20:26 UTC 2020

Good Afternoon All,

First thanks for a great way to make simple GUIs in Common Lisp.
In my current application I have a tray of buttons.
This currently gets populated from a directory path defined by the user.
I keep this frame as a special variable in Common Lisp so I can easily
access it across all functions.

Is there a way to get the parent of a widget currently?
How about a list of all children?

I'd like to write a function that saves the frame's parent, deletes the
frame on CL and Tcl sides, then binds and packs a new frame instance in
it's place.

Here is a picture of my little launcher program.

https://i.imgur.com/GiOaez7.png

You can see how the frame exists inside a notebook and contains buttons.
Thanks for any help!