button scale and font

Peter Herth herth at peter-herth.de
Fri Jun 10 16:33:59 UTC 2016

HI Michael,

you would have to complain to the tcl/tk mailing list :). Tcl/Tk up to 8.4
including allowed the font for buttons to be set. From 8.5 there was the
ttk widget set, which at some point became the default for ltk. The ttk
widget set uses a theme engine to determine many of the rendering
parameters for widgets to achieve a "native" look. This means that a lot of
older options for the widgets got removed. You can find the documentation
for the widget here: https://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.6/TkCmd/ttk_button.htm

If you push :tk84 onto *features*, you get the old style widgets, otherwise
you can of course create/modify ttk themes, that should give you the
ability to configure fonts too. With bug reports like this, it also would
be very helpful if you included information about the operation system the
problem shows, the lisp you are using Ltk with, and in this case, a screen
shot.

Best regards,
Peter