[ltk-user] button size and font

cage cage at katamail.com
Wed Aug 3 19:04:12 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 06:27:14PM +0200, Haris Bogdanovich wrote:
> Hi.
>
> How do I set button width and height and font ?
> For example:
> (make-instance 'button
>     :height (what now ? Do I specify "100px" or number 100 or something else ?)

i think choose the height as integer is ok so 100 should do the job.

>     :font (what goes here ?)

A string  specifying the font  family (i.e. "Sans" "Mono"  etc.).  And
you can add  options to font specification (for  example to set 18 as
size just type "Sans 18") as well.

But,  assuming you  are using  the  latest version  available for  ltk
(0.9.6), as  far as i know setting  height and font for  a button will
not work if your are using a whish shell more recent than the 8.4 (not
sure about this, maybe Peter Herth could clarify this) so you could be
forced to use an older shell by  setting the path of the wish shell as
value for variable ltk:*wish-pathname*.

Bye.
C.