[lisplab-devel] Some patches

Jan Moringen jmoringe at techfak.uni-bielefeld.de
Sat Aug 14 18:23:03 UTC 2010

Hi,

when working with Lisplab (which I enjoyed very much so far), I stumbled
upon a number of bugs and other minor issues. I'm now submitting my
ad-hoc fixes as a collection of patches in the hope that they can be
used to improve the already nice Lisplab library.

Kind regards,
Jan

lisplab-minv!.patch:

I did not investigate why, but the following fails

(minv #md((1)))

The patch works around the issue by treating scalar matrices separately.
I'm not sure whether this makes sense in general or not.

lisplab-view-fixes.patch:

There is an index confusion in the set-mref closure generate by the
view-row method.

view-transpose tries to make a function-matrix with the invalid
initargs :size and :element-type.

lisplab-mcreate.patch:

This patch introduces a specialization of the mcreate generic function
for function matrix classes. The problem can be illustrated by trying
the following snippet:

(mcreate (view-row #md((1)) 0))

The second hunk of the patch changes defmethod-operator-matrix-matrix to
use mcreate instead of make-matrix-instance. This problem can be
illustrated using the following snippet:

(.* (view-row #md((1 2) (3 4)) 0) (view-row #md((1 2) (3 4)) 0))

Admittedly, the remaining patches are rather pedantic:

lisplab-doc-fixes.patch: fixes some typos in docstrings.
lisplab-header-comments: fixes filenames in header comments