[linedit-devel] linedit doen't work

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Thu Mar 11 22:03:54 UTC 2010

On 11 March 2010 22:40, John Thingstad <jpthing at online.no> wrote:

> linedit doesn't build. Seems to be several reasons.
> One it requests a *osicat-version* variable which doesn't exist.
> Second it seems to have several undefined variables.
> Well just subscribed to this group so if/when you have a stable release,
> I should know.

Stable, heh. Aside from the two trivialish commits (Kevin's patches)
earlier today linedit hasn't actually changed at all for a couple of
years. :)

The Osicat issue was due to due to Osicat having been much more
actively developed recently -- and not having *OSICAT-VERSION*
anymore.

The missing variable warnings were due to a missing dependency between
utility-functions.lisp and utility-macros.lisp.

...and most embarrassingly, those aforementioned patches broke Linedit on SBCL.

All these issues have now been fixes in CVS.

Thanks for the heads up! However, you should be warned that I am not
currently actively developing Linedit: while future bugreport are
certainly welcome, I am unlikely to respond with such alacrity.
(Patches are always welcome, though!)

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus