[lgtk-devel] documenting lgtk internals

Sean Champ gimbal at commonwerx.org
Thu Aug 5 11:18:16 UTC 2004

Hello,

I just wanted to mention an intention to document lgtk's internals,
and -- seperately -- to provide something of a short-enough  tutorial,
for introducting a developer (including myself, maybe, heh) to it.

(I'll be using DocBook for this, incidentally.)

I would honestly appreciate any suggestions about, like:

  - for the internals-doc : where to start in the code, or what
    particular things would be recommended, to be looking at.

    (At least in a first draft, I'll probably start with a
    list of the packages defined in lgtk, then figure out what the
    code in each package is for, and try to document the most
    seemingly important types and operations, there )

  - also for the internals-doc: how to extend lgtk, especially: how to
    add support for more widgets. (Guessing that this'll require some
    knowledge of  "callback" conventions. I'll check OpenMCL's docs,
    for that)

and I guess that's about it.

Hasta,

--