[lambda-gtk-devel] lambda-gtk on CLOS

Ignas Mikalajunas ignas.mikalajunas at gmail.com
Wed May 3 13:05:01 UTC 2006

> Hi, guys,
>
> I generated a CLOS extension over lambda-gtk.  Here are details
>
> http://borigen.narod.ru/gtk-on-clos/
>
> I rewrote the original examples with CLOS and added a couple of others.
> I really interested in what you, guys, think about this.  Any comments
> and suggestions are very welcome.  I also have a plan to document and
> post the functions which generates this CLOS extensions, since
> currently, I generated only those classes needed for proper functioning
> of the examples.
>
> D.

Hi, I am sorry for such a delay, but I have been very busy for the
last few months :/ I can't really evaluate the CLOS layer at the
moment. Though i can tell you that I don't like the naming scheme you
are using :/ (though this is probably my broblem as i am
coding-convention nazi ;) I liked "clg" (another common lisp gtk
biding package) naming conventions better.

All in all it looks nice, and i'll definitely try it out more as soon
as i'll get to grips and push the lamdba-gtk cffi port into
completion. As at the moment i am having some issues with testing on
macs, bitfields and encodings (they are not really supported by cffi
and i just don't have the expertise to add the support myself).

Thanks a lot for your effort.

  Ignas Mikalajūnas