[iterate-devel] problem with maybe-quoted

Vsevolod vseloved at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 11:36:05 UTC 2008

Hi!

I'm experimenting with iterate and wanted to use it for a simple
sequence splitting function (yeah, I know about the SPLIT-SEQUENCE
lib):

(defun split (seq pred)
    (iter (for el in-sequence seq)
           (if (funcall pred el)
               (collect el into sat result-type (type-of seq))
               (collect el into nsat result-type (type-of seq)))
           (finally (return (values sat nsat)))))

But such a construct won't work because result-type is recognized as a
literal (not evaluated). I think it's rather a bug, than a feature,
because this somewhat inhibits the possibilities of programmatic
extension of the ITER macro. Isn't it?

Best regards,
Vsevolod