[iterate-devel] I have patched iterate to accept keywords as clause heads

Denis Budyak budden73 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 07:21:40 UTC 2008

Hi there!
  It is known that loop macro allows keywords as clause start designators:
(loop :for i :from 1 :to 10 :collect i)
 So do many html generation libs, e.g. cl-who:

(:a :href ...)

 Iterate didn't do that and it caused problems while using iterate in
conjunction
with other libraries such as cl-utilities which defines collecting and
collect macros.

 I patched iterate so that it can use keywords now:

(iter:iter (:for i :from 1 :to 5) (when (oddp i) (:collect i)) (:finally
(print "hurray!")))

So one need no more to import any symbols from iterate (maybe except iter
itself).

I also added test of "iterate with keywords" to a regression test suite.
you can find a patch and a new file here.

http://paste.lisp.org/display/69869

Discussion (currently empty) can be found here:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/browse_thread/thread/f252c79318903ab4#

Would iterate developers like to incorporate the changes to the main branch?

If not, would you object against creating separate iterate-keywords project
on the net?

best regards

Denis Budyak