[iterate-devel] final version of "conservative" Iterate: 1.4

Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Thu Jun 23 14:19:22 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've sent a new version of Iterate to Marco, Marc, Kevin, Peter and a few others, so it should appear in the usual places soon.

Changes are too numerous to mention (and it depends on which version you're currently using:) and still extremely conservative.

I'll have to supply the updated iter-man.pdf a little later, because my current Ubuntu laptop generates much uglier fonts therein than the old Suse one (maybe the default printer which is ljfour is the reason??).

o supports nested in-hashtable and in-package
o adjoin :at :start did not honour :test
o fixed in-file/in-stream destructuring
o do-next forgot about finally etc. clauses
o works as case-sensitive package in CLISP (don't know about Allegro)
o various optimizations, less bugs, more tests
o tested with clisp, cmucl, sbcl, gclcvs

This is what I consider the last version of 1.4, called "conservative".
1.5 will do some possibly incompatible changes to allow more optimizations (see recent e-mail of mine about my version plan).

Regards,
	Jörg Höhle.