[iterate-devel] COMPILE FAILURE UNDER ALLEGRO CL 7

Williams, Mark L CIV NSWC-PC mark.l.williams at navy.mil
Thu Jun 9 20:31:42 UTC 2005

This is a strictly newbie question and I'm not on any mailing lists, so
please reply directly.

I have downloaded the current version of iterate and have tried to
compile it with Allegro CL (Sparc version). Actually, I got it as part
of the the CL-pdf / CL-typesetting packages but have pulled it
independently because...

the asdf build (executed by attempting to evaluate (asdf:operate
'asdf:load-op 'iterate) after establishing the necessary symbolic link
to the iterate.asd file) fails with the message:

;;; Compiling file [path]/iterate.lisp
; While compiling (:top-level-form "iterate.lisp" 85868):
Error: DEFCLAUSE: required part of template (FOR var-spec &sequence) is
of odd length

I've taken a quick look for similar-sounding bugs and/or any other hints
that might help, but I haven't found anything and I'm too new to
interpret and debug myself. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

VR/
Mark L. Williams