[iterate-devel] iterate for emacs lisp?

Andreas Fuchs asf at boinkor.net
Tue Oct 12 11:13:49 UTC 2004

On 2004-10-10, Chris Newcombe <c_r_newcombe at hotmail.com> wrote:
> (Apologies if this is a FAQ -- I don't know of any archive for this
> list.)

You can find links to the archive at
<URL:http://common-lisp.net/mailman/listinfo/iterate-devel>, but this
isn't a FAQ and the list is pretty young, anyway. (-:

> Is iterate available for emacs lisp? (I'm using FSF Emacs v21.2).  I
> imagine that the latest version of the common-lisp extensions for
> emacs lisp would be required, but is that enough to get it to work?

That's an interesting question. I know no elisp port of
iterate.

Still, it would be possible to implement (I think). You would lose
some useful features (such as the package mechanism for user-defined
iterate keywords) but it ought to be possible, using the 'cl
extensions.

That doesn't mean that I'm going to do it, of course; but if more
people are interested, I'll try to provide advice to them, though {-:

> Many thanks for maintaining this excellent package!

Thank you for the compliment (-:

Andreas Fuchs, <asf at boinkor.net>, asf at jabber.at, antifuchs