[iolib-devel] regression after 6d63d32fb7f400e93066cb37a139a43dae4721c1

Peter Keller psilord at cs.wisc.edu
Wed May 26 15:09:01 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 11:08:32AM +0200, Attila Lendvai wrote:
> > I've seen that exact error. My example programs will produce it.
> > Just start up ex6-server, connect with ex5a-client, type 'hello'
> > at the client prompt, then 'quit'. The client hangs around forever
> > while the server closed the connection.
>
> anything new on this?

I know of no new work on fixing this bug.

> as you can see "happy writing?!" was written into a socket that has
> been closed by the server at the previous "quit" line.
>
> i'm not sure it's exactly the same issue as mine, but could be related.

Yup, that's the error as I produced it. The server states it closes the
socket, but the client never sees it. I haven't yet done a tcpdump to see if
any FIN really happens. If not, that would be a smoking gun that IOLib
didn't actually close the fd associated with the socket.

Thank you.

-pete