[iolib-devel] New patches: 23-Jul-2009

Stelian Ionescu sionescu at cddr.org
Sun Jul 26 01:12:56 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-07-25 at 23:40 +0000, Luis Oliveira wrote:
> Stelian Ionescu <sionescu at cddr.org> writes:
>
> > Not necessary but very convenient. My problem was this dependency chain:
> > osicat(syscalls) <- iolib(file-path) <- osicat(high-level) <-
> > iolib(zeta-streams).
>
> Splitting osicat-posix and osicat into different systems would be pretty
> easy since they already live in different packages, etc. (This is
> mentioned in osicat.asd.)

True, but I don't want to expose the syscalls into their own package
because I intend them to be just an implementation detail, nothing more.

> Out of curiosity, what's iolib.pathnames for?

The pathname abstraction that I'm working on. try
(iolib.pathnames:file-path "/tmp"), for example

--
Stelian Ionescu a.k.a. fe[nl]ix
http://common-lisp.net/project/iolib