[iolib-devel] New patches: 23-Jul-2009

Stelian Ionescu sionescu at cddr.org
Sat Jul 25 22:54:47 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-07-25 at 22:44 +0000, Luis Oliveira wrote:
> Stelian Ionescu <sionescu at common-lisp.net> writes:
> >     First part of Osicat merge.
>
> Is this really really necessary? It'd be nice to keep Osicat separated
> as a project so that multiple projects can easily use it. But it's your
> call, of course.

Not necessary but very convenient. My problem was this dependency chain:
osicat(syscalls) <- iolib(file-path) <- osicat(high-level) <-
iolib(zeta-streams). The way to break this mutual dependency chain was
either to merge them or to break osicat in 2 separate libraries and
iolib in a half-dozen libraries too. The former was a lot more
convenient.

--
Stelian Ionescu a.k.a. fe[nl]ix
http://common-lisp.net/project/iolib