[html-template-devel] tmpl_equal needed ?

Igor Plekhov penguin at ocean.vvo.ru
Tue Dec 26 00:39:35 UTC 2006

On Tue, 26 Dec, 2006 at 03:50:03 +0530, Vamsee Kanakala wrote:

> I think html-template really needs a templ_equal tag. I am trying to
> pre-select an option inside a select tag, based on parameters passed.
> Since the option tags are also being generated through a loop, I think
> there is no way I can do this unless I can have some comparison
> mechanism within the template. Kindly correct me if I'm wrong.

You can use parameters passed while generating data to fill
the template.  And set some variable to T at some particular loop
step.  That variable will be NIL at all other steps.

Then in the template use <tmpl_if> to emit "selected" inside
<option>s.

In this way your template and data are still completely separate.
It is GOOD THING.  But with any kind of <tmpl_equal> they will not.

--
Registered Linux User #124759