[html-template-devel] Loop Quirk "Maybe"

Leander Gillard leander at vianet.ca
Thu Jul 21 15:48:11 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'm developing a web application using a combination of CGI::App, CGI::Template, xmlHTTPreq.

The problem I am having is that when I get a return string from my xmlhttpReq request it comes back as expected, I check this like this.

alert(t);
But when I set the innerHTML of a div immediately after like so.

window.getObject(name).innerHTML = t;

It removes a beginning chunk of the string when trying to use innerHTML on a select box and just doesn't do anything using innerHTML on a DIV(but the div solution works for FF).  It must be noted that if I put the div anywhere outside of the html::template loop it then works in IE.

This seems to be IE specific or related.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Leander