[gsharp-devel] Installing Gsharp

Robert Strandh strandh at labri.fr
Wed Aug 23 08:53:50 UTC 2006

Anders Davidsson writes:
 > Hi,
 > my name is Anders Davidsson and I wonder if someone can help me to
 > install Gsharp on my system. I'm running Fedora 5 with CMUCL 19c as my
 > Lisp.

Actually, most Gsharp developers probably use SBCL rather than CMUCL.
I don't know how well maintained CMUCL is these days with respect to
things like CLX, McCLIM, etc.  I am not saying it is not maintained; I
just don't know.

 > According to Gsharp documentation, CLIM and MK:DEFSYSTEM must be
 > part of the core image.

That is no longer true.  In fact, ASDF is probably preferable to
MK:DEFSYSTEM these days.

 > I need help to get CLIM and MK:DEFSYSTEM into
 > my image. I have downloaded CLOCC to get DEFSYSTEM but not managed to
 > compile it. I've also downloaded CLIM mcclim-0-9-2 but I need help to
 > get it into my Lisp image.

Once you have ASDF, you should be able to install both McCLIM and
Gsharp easily.

--
Robert Strandh