[graphic-forms-devel] Dialog focus

Jack Unrue jdunrue at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 04:55:59 UTC 2007

On 9/7/07, Ken Perry <whistler at blinksoft.com> wrote:

> I have just looked through the documentation for a way to set the initial
> focused control but have not found one.  I could create a focus event that
> said if the dlg gets focus then focus the one I want but I am wondering if
> there is another way like for example a :default-focus for the dlg?  I add a
> listbox to the dialog then an edit box and then 3 buttons.  It seems no
> matter if I add the edit box first or last or in the middle some where The
> dialog when shown  always seems to focus the list box which I don't
> understand why that is.

Hi Ken. Try calling gfw:give-focus on the desired control in your
initialization of the dialog.

One thing that I haven't decided whether I'm happy about is the behavior
that occurs when any control has the focus and one switches to another
window and then back. I find that I have to manually set the focus back,
when one might expect that when the window is made active again, that
the control that previously had focus would remember that state.
I need to do some research and see if this is just normal Win32
behavior, and if it is, then I might think about providing some mechanism
to handle this automatically. Your input is welcome.

--
Jack Unrue