[graphic-forms-devel]

Jack Unrue jdunrue at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 00:48:14 UTC 2006

On 3/28/06, Mac Chan <emailmac at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jack,

Hi Mac!

> Since I don't see anyone post on the dev. mailing list, I just want to
> send you an email to say hi and let you know that I'm one of those
> people that are interested in your project.
>
> I'm a lisp hobbyist and used lispworks capi to create some homebrew
> applications for fun (a vocab builder for my sister, an email
> notification app for my cousin, etc).

Cool!

> However, CAPI is severely limited to cover all windows programming aspects.
> Your project is very interesting for lisp lover like myself who wanted
> to create windows programs.
>
> A lot of lisp guru are windows haters (don't know why), sometimes you
> don't even want to mention that you liked to program in windows on cll
> for fear that other hackers will look down on you.

I too have detected that on occasion. But I have found that there are
also a bunch of folks on cll who are very helpful, and some of them
are actively working on Windows ports of Lisp stuff (not counting me).

I guess I don't care what the anti-MS crowd thinks; if people want
to rant and rave, that's their choice :-)

> It's that pathetic...
>
> Anyway, please keep up the good work.

Thanks very much for your encouraging words.

I should probably put some sort ofa roadmap up on
the project website so folks can have an idea of
what to expect. What I'm working on right now is
the usual assortment of graphic operations, and I
think I will make a new release with that next.

I hope you will eventually (once I get more stuff implemented!)
find Graphic-Forms to be useful. Thanks again for your email.

--
Jack Unrue