[graphic-forms-devel] gfw:append-item API change

Jack Unrue jdunrue at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 20:51:51 UTC 2006

Just a heads-up that I intend to change gfw:append-item such
that the 'text' and 'image' required arguments will be replaced
with a single 'object' argument. Whereas the old arguments
were required to be a string and a gfg:image, respectively,
the new argument will accept any Lisp object type.

In addition, the gfw:item-manager class, which replaces the
old gfw:widget-with-items class, will gain two new slots:

text-provider will hold a function accepting a single argument
returning a string

image-provider will hold a function accepting a single argument
returning a gfw:image

It's my hope that this will enable greater flexibility for rendering
code. I'm borrowing this idea from JFace in the Eclipse framework,
which has similar abstractions.

--
Jack Unrue