[flexichain-devel] .asd file

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cantab.net
Tue Jan 30 15:32:55 UTC 2007

Hi,

The flexichain .asd file includes an almost-useless package: there are
no persistent definitions other than the system itself, so (since asdf
arranges for the file to be loaded in a temporary package which uses
the ASDF package) there's no need to define and use a -system package.
(Packages are surprisingly heavyweight objects, which is why I'm
drawing this to your attention).

There's one way in which having a package definition can be useful --
for incremental development of the .asd file itself.  However, you can
achieve that, if this is one of your goals, with an explicit asdf:
prefix to the defsystem symbol.

Cheers,

Christophe

[ PS: I'm not subscribed to this list, so Cc me if you want more
  discussion on this point. ]