[flexi-streams-devel] SBCL Style-Warnings

Matthias Hölzl tc at xantira.com
Fri Jun 6 15:40:46 UTC 2008

When compiling flexi-streams 1.0.3, SBCL signals a number of style
warnings:

STYLE-WARNING: Implicitly creating new generic function READ-SEQUENCE*.
STYLE-WARNING: Implicitly creating new generic function CHECK-IF-OPEN.
STYLE-WARNING: Implicitly creating new generic function TRANSFORM-OCTET.

Would there be objections to introducing explicit definitions for these
generic functions?

The attached patch introduces a new file "generics.lisp" that contains
defgenerics for the implicitly defined generics and includes that file
in the asdf definition for SBCL.

In my opinion it would be nicer to put the defgenerics next to the
definitions of the methods.  I can provide a patch for that as well.

Best regards

  Matthias