[flexi-streams-devel] refactoring *provide-use-value-restart*

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sun Feb 25 20:52:35 UTC 2007

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 00:13:52 +0200, Anton Vodonosov <vodonosov at mail.ru> wrote:

> Edi, what do you think about following refactoring.
>
> Remove *provide-use-value-restart* variable, but save performance.
>
> To avoid verbose description, I've attached a patch.  It is only a
> sketch of how it can be done, I event haven't compiled it.
>
> Thus public interface of the library may be simplified, at the cost
> of more complex responsibilities of char-readers defined using
> define-char-reader macro: they should use
> recover-from-encoding-error.
>
> By the way. May be define-char-code-reader is more accurate name for
> the macro than define-cahr-reader

Hi Anton,

at first sight, your changes (both this one and the one
w.r.t. *USE-REPLACEMENT-CHAR* that you sent later) look reasonable and
make a lot of sense.  I like the idea of getting rid of two global
special variables without sacrificing performance.

Would you want to provide a tested patch that also updates the
documentation accordingly?

Thanks a lot,
Edi.