[flexi-streams-devel] refactoring *provide-use-value-restart*

Anton Vodonosov vodonosov at mail.ru
Sat Feb 24 22:13:52 UTC 2007

Hi!

Edi, what do you think about following refactoring.

Remove *provide-use-value-restart* variable, but save
performance.

To avoid verbose description, I've attached a patch.
It is only a sketch of how it can be done, I event
haven't compiled it.

Thus public interface of the library may be simplified,
at the cost of more complex responsibilities of char-readers
defined using define-char-reader macro: they should use
recover-from-encoding-error.

By the way. May be define-char-code-reader is more accurate
name for the macro than define-cahr-reader

Regards,
-Anton