[flexi-streams-devel] Re: write-sequence to *hunchentoot-stream* on x86_64

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Wed Aug 22 16:56:46 UTC 2007

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 08:17:36 -0700 (PDT), Jeff Caldwell <jdcal at yahoo.com> wrote:

> LWL 5.0.x Personal Edition does not exhibit the problem.

Ah, OK, so that's an interesting tidbit.  /Maybe/ LW 4.x is not
"64-bit clean" (whatever that means).  But it could be a bug in flexi
streams as well...

> I suppose the limitation of my workaround (write-string vs
> write-sequence) is the charset, no UTF?

Not with flexi streams.

> Anything else to be aware of?

No, I'm lost.  It'd be cool if you could boil it down to a simple test
case to send to LW support.  But, OTOH, if it's only a 4.x issue, they
probably don't care much.

> Maybe I can leverage this app into a nice new 5.0 license, courtesy
> of my employer.

Hehe... :)

> If not, do you have a quick thought regarding where else I might
> look to change the behavior in 4.3.7?

No, unfortunately not.