[erlisp-devel] Erlisp file loading order

Ivan Boldyrev lispnik at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 07:19:26 UTC 2005

On 9220 day of my life Eric Lavigne wrote:
> I am running into another issue involving file loading order.
>
> node.lisp contains the following line:
>      (defvar *current-node* (make-instance 'local-node))

Note that it is runtime dependence, not compile-time.  But it doesn't
matter much.

> Is it okay to have circular dependencies in asdf?

No.  In which order the files should be loaded?  "node" cannot be
loaded before "process" because it instantiate class defined later.
"process" cannot be loaded before "node" because it depends on "node".

I think you should move class definitions to separate file.  Or join
"node" and "process".

--
Ivan Boldyrev

                                                  Your bytes are bitten.