[erlisp-devel] process-linking errors

Willem Broekema metawilm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 07:31:26 UTC 2005

On 9/1/05, Eric Lavigne <lavigne.eric at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've written most of the code for process-linking, but I'm having some
> trouble with the function check-system-messages. When I compile it, I
> get lots of errors that I don't understand.

Eric, it seems that "receive-with-matcher" is a macro, and it was not
loaded at the time you tried to compile the code.

Therefore, the compiler thinks "r-w-m" is a regular function, and this form:
 ((and (consp m) (eq (first m) 'system))
  (rest m))
is an argument for the function. Now, ((and ..) ..) is an invalid form
as the car of the form must be the name of a function, macro or
special form, but it is the list (and ..) instead. Therefore:

;   ((AND # #) (REST M))
; Error: Illegal function call.

and the other errors are similar.

- Willem