[erlisp-devel] Project goals

Ivan Boldyrev lispnik at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 04:02:23 UTC 2005

On 9150 day of my life Dirk Gerrits wrote:
>> P.S.  I am interested in parallel computation in Common Lisp.  I have
>> created UFFI bindings for PVM library.  Though I do not remember exact
>> URL of the project :)
>
> Is it http://lispnik.newmail.ru/lpvm/ ?

Yep.

> I haven't actually used PVM (and have only dabbled in MPI) but I'll
> try to take a look at it.

PVM is older than MPI; key differences: PVM has simplier API,
heterogeneousity and some degree of fault tolerancy.

Perhaps it is better to build own library.  Though PVM has at least
two advantages: 1.  We don't have to implement everything from
scratch.  2.  There are versions of PVM for specific communication
hardware (e.g. Myrinet or ATM).

--
Ivan Boldyrev

        Outlook has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
        If the problem persists, contact the program vendor.