[erlisp-devel] Erlisp and uptick

Eric Lavigne lavigne.eric at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 16:05:54 UTC 2005

> "He" has already joined :-). I think I'll lurk around for a while and
> contribute to discussions. I'm in no position to code Erlisp at the
> moment. Feel free to bounce questions off of me, though.
>
>      Joel
>
> --
> http://wagerlabs.com/uptick

 Welcome to the team, Joel. I'm also keeping an eye on your uptick
project. Looks interesting.

> > I do not think there /are/ any quick and easy tasks,

I think this is an issue worth looking into. New developers,
especially if they are new to programming in general, need easy tasks
to cut their teeth on. It would be nice if ErLisp could fill that
need.

Each of my patches so far has some little problem with it. Allegro
should be using gates rather than wait functions. That will require
some reading and a few lines of code. CMUCL should probably use
run-reasons instead of polling. That will require some research and a
few lines of code. The bad news is that I'm a messy coder. :-( The
good news is that there is no shortage of little projects laying
around, and more are produced with each patch. :-)

What do you think of creating a contributor's page? It could have
links to the download page and the discussion page (both of which are
fine the way they are). It would also include a list of contribution
ideas of various difficulties and suggestions for getting started on
each (such as checking the CMUCL mailing list or CMUCL's
multi-proc.lisp for the CMUCL run-reasons task).

Eric