[erlang-in-lisp-devel] fare-match question

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 02:09:57 UTC 2008

Nice presentation. Thanks a lot!

Silly remarks:
* in CL, bitvectors\ are like that: #*01110111
   http://arti.vub.ac.be/docs/HyperSpec/Body/02_dhd.htm
 I don't know whether they correspond to Erlang binary constants, but
if they do, you may keep the same syntax (or not since CL ones are
actually writeable).
* instead of fletrec you might or not want to use labels. Now your
lisp dialect will by definition be incompatible with any other
dialect, so it probably doesn't matter too much.
* for gensyms that work across upgrade of distributed code, if you're
afraid of collisions, you might consider prepending the gensym'ed
symbol name with the crypto hash of the module code being compiled.

Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that's the stuff
life is made of. -- Benjamin Franklin