[elephant-devel] Accessing a DB from multiple processes

Henrik Hjelte henrik at evahjelte.com
Fri Jan 25 11:14:01 UTC 2008

On Jan 25, 2008 11:53 AM, Leslie P. Polzer <leslie.polzer at gmx.net> wrote:

> I know that Elephant is thread-safe. Am I right in that I can also
> open a store from separate Lisp images?

The postmodern backend is almost optimized for this use case, with its
globally synced cache.

clsql backend works as well.

bdb backend should work... I had some problems with BDB in this use
case, but that was some time ago so I don't know the current state.

Note that multiple image access is not tested in the elephant
testcases. There is code for testing this in the project grand-prix on
common-lisp.net

/Henrik