[elephant-devel] Having trouble getting started with postmodern

Joubert Nel joubert at joubster.com
Wed Jan 16 06:20:14 UTC 2008

Hi,

I just got the latest Elephant from darcs as specified at the top of
http://common-lisp.net/project/elephant/downloads.html

I'm trying to use postmodern and am using the code in /tests as guidance
since I can't find any documentation on using postmodern. Unless I'm
mistaken, the ele-postmodern.asd file's defsystem appears wrong to me.

The part ":depends-on (:postmodern" --> is this right? I get an error
when ele-postmodern is loaded by ASDF, complaining about :POSTMODERN.

======
(defsystem ele-postmodern
  :name "ele-postmodern"
  :author "Henrik Hjelte <hhjelte at common-lisp.net>"
  :version "0.6.0"
  :licence "LLGPL"
  :description "Elephant postmodern postgresql backend"

  :components
  ((:module :src
	    :components
            ((:module :db-postmodern
		      :components
		      ((:file "package")
                       (:file "pm-sql")
                       (:file "pm-controller")
	                   (:file "pm-cache")
	           	       (:file "pm-transaction")
   	                   (:file "pm-btree")
                       (:file "pm-cursor")
                       (:file "pm-btree-index")
                       (:file "pm-indexed-btree")
                       (:file "pm-secondary"))
		      :serial t))))
  :depends-on (:postmodern
               :elephant))

======

Error:
component :POSTMODERN not found, required by
#<SYSTEM "ele-postmodern" {1003E80AD1}>
   [Condition of type ASDF:MISSING-DEPENDENCY]

Regards,
Joubert